Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30, 2011

Well Hello Familia,

The past few days have been good. This mission is definitely becoming
a member work mission. All of our new goals and objectives have to do
with working with members. It's an exciting time in the mission. I'm
looking forward to seeing how this last year of my mission will be
different from the first year.

Yesterday for P-day we decided that we would try this really small
shop, right next to our flat, that sells frozen foods instead of ASDA.
That was one of the best decisions of my mission. It was great food,
cheap, and it saved us about an hour of P-day time. I was able to make
sugar cookies, eat lunch, sew two pants, finish reading the last 50
pages "Our Heritage" (this computer wont allow me to underline), and
write seven letters yesterday. It was great!

Our baptism last Saturday went really well. Shalome was on time,
thankfully, and there was really nothing that went wrong. I wish that
a few more members would have come out and supported her; especially
because the mission president attended, but c'est la vie. Elder
Sapaden played some intense, spirit-filled, music for it. The next day
Shalome decided to show up right before sacrament for her confirmation
(we have it backwards, so we start with Priesthood, then Gospel
Principles, then Sacrament), so I was really stressing for the first
two hours. But it ended up going really well and now she is a member
of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. WOO!!

I also, just barely, took another driving lesson. This one didn't go
as good as the first one. The first time, the instructor was praising
me for how well I picked it up. This time he described the first 10
minutes of the lesson as a "disaster" and said that he isn't confident
that I will be able to pass my test on the day that I want to, haha.
There really wasn't much of a difference between the two lessons, but
I bumped the curb once this time, towards the beginning of the lesson,
and I think that irritated him a bit. I'm going to need a lot of
practice and the Lord's help, but I should be a fully licenced driver
by October 3rd.

Overall, things are good. We have a church history tour on Thursday
that I'm jazzed about.

I hope that everyone back home is doing well and I'll speak to you soon!

love,

Elder Misbach

No comments:

Post a Comment