Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 1, 2011

Hello Familia,

This week was much better than last week. We had two exchanges that
were quite fun. Elder Sapaden is doing great and really getting into
the mission. He keeps having "journal moments" haha. Life is pretty
good. I gave myself a haircut last night, but I just did it all the
same length because I couldn't be bothered to do layers again. I'm
quite pleased with it. I also made the most labor intensive meal of my
mission this week. It was pasta with cut up pieces of grilled chicken
in it. Wasn't even slightly worth it. The only thing that was good was
the chicken and it was particularly difficult to enjoy because I kept
having to sift through the pasta to find it. I'm going to stick with
the microwave. I'm booking my driving theory test today and I should
hopefully have my first practical driving test sometime in the next
two weeks. Exciting stuff. We have a zone activity today of going to a
park, having a BBQ, and learning how to play cricket. It seemed like a
really good idea until I woke up today. It's pretty nasty weather
outside and I'm curious as to how it's going to work out, but I'm sure
it will end up ok. Our flat is still squeaky clean, fantastic, and
spirit-filled. I also had my first personal interview with President
Preston this last week, he was very thorough with the interviews which
took place at our chapel and I was the last one to be interviewed,
then we had coordination afterwards. So I was at the Rochdale chapel
from 9am to 8pm. I enjoyed it though. He is very different from
President Bullock, but he is great. He is all about the love. I look
forward to serving with him. He is coming to my district meeting this
week and working with us afterward. I'm pretty stoked about that. Oh!
and I conducted my first baptismal interview this last week. It went
really well except that after she already passed the interview she
bailed on the baptism last minute. But I have another one this week
and this one should go all the way through. Missions are great.

Well I hope everyone is enjoying the beach! Talk to you soon

love

Elder Misbach

No comments:

Post a Comment