Sunday, August 14, 2011

July 25, 2011

Hello Family,

Things are well in England. I'll admit that this was one of the harder
weeks on my mission. I mean that spiritually, but the fact that the
food I had bought for my staple meal this week was rubbish, didn't
help the situation. I seem to have taken a step backwards in my
progression as a missionary and that hasn't sat well with me. I'm
speaking to the mission president about it tomorrow though, and we
will get it sorted.

As far as the area goes, it was a pretty good week last week. We have
been attacking this council estate call Falinge. It's probably the
dodgiest part of our area, but it is producing. It was one of the best
finding weeks I have had on my mission. The ward is doing well and we
have had loads of tea appointments lately. Good food as well. We also
were able to do some service this week in a retirement home that a
member owns. It's the first time on my mission, and really in my life,
that I have legitimately painted. We had to be super careful though.
Looking back on it, it reminds me very much of the episode of
Spongebob where Patrick and Spongebob have to paint Krabs' home with
permenant paint and then they get it on Krabs' first dollar. Quality
Episode. The painting turned out quite good. Oh! I also sewed for the
first time in my life! It was a marvelous experience and I have been
sewing things left and right ever since. My suit jacket is
fully-fitted with both buttons, and the crotch area of all of my pants
are hole-free. It's quite refreshing.

Well life is good, as always. I hope that everyone enjoys California.
Talk to you soon!

love,

Elder Misbach

No comments:

Post a Comment