Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello Family,

Things are going well in Rochdale. We just had two of our "eternal
investigators" accept a baptismal date and we are looking forward to
that. The weather is getting a bit better, it's not longer raining
EVERY day. It's getting warmer as well, which is nice.

Transfers were pretty good. Elder Smith and I are staying together for
another transfer, which we are both happy about. I have two new
missionaries in my district. One of them, Elder Raybould, is actually
from my group, so that should be fun. This upcoming transfer is going
to be very crazy because of the new Mission President coming in. I'm
certainly excited.

One interesting story that I can tell is when we were tracting two
Sundays ago. We knocked on a door and this very large, slightly drunk,
man answered the door. He was white with a shaved head, overweight,
wearing a tank top that had multiple disturbing stains. He came to the
door and acted like he couldn't speak English. I wasn't in the best of
moods that day, so I called him out on it and he started to speak in
English to us. Unfortunately it was then that I glanced at his
mutant-like skin deformation all over his arms and hands. He noticed
this and probably wasn't too happy. I tried to end the conversation
and get out, but before I was able to he put out his hand to shake it.
I didn't feel it would be smart to not shake this very large, slightly
drunk, and now slightly irritated man's hand, so I went in very
gingerly. I think he noticed this as well, so he took my hand squeezed
it and then kissed it. Elder Smith went in with power on his shake so
he avoided the kiss. Needless to say I nearly threw up and we
immediately stopped working to go wash our hands THOROUGHLY. It was
probably the most disgusting experience of my life. All is well now
though. =)

Those experiences are great stories, but my favorite ones are the ones
that make me realize just how real God is and how much he loves us and
how true the church is. I have had many of those, which is one of the
biggest reasons I LOVE my mission.

I hope everything is well with the family and I love you all

Elder Misbach

No comments:

Post a Comment