Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A few Updates

April 23, 2012


Hello Family,

Things are going well in Hyde. We are starting to figure out the area and how to work it. The Manchester side of our area is certainly the more productive side. I'm doing quite well with my diet and exercise =) I have already lost some weight and I feel good. At this rate I should be close to my pre-mission weight by the time I return. My mission has certainly taught me what does and doesn't work when it comes to dieting and exercise, ha. Some very good news I received is that one of our investigators back in Warrington is getting baptized! =D Her name is Irene. She requested that I come back for her baptism, so I got permission from President and I will be going to that this Saturday. I'm stoked! I also went on exchange with the office elders again this week, but this time we actually did missionary work. We worked in an area called Buxton, which is about a 30 minute drive from their flat. The drive out there was the prettiest I have seen in England. It was beautiful. It makes me want to visit England and see what it is like, not as a missionary.

Overall, things are good. This should be another great week. This is the last week before transfers, so I wont be emailing until Wednesday next week. My last transfer...CRAZY. I hope everything is going well back home. Talk to you soon!

Love,

Elder Misbach




April 16, 2012

Hello Family,

Things have been good these past few days. Thank you for the emails. Nothing too excited has happened in the past few days really. We spent most of our time trying to contact people in Manchester (half of our area is considered Manchester and the other half is considered Greater Manchester) and it's been nice. There are loads of Africans and they almost always listen. I love their accents and love of God. I have dealt with Africans quite a bit on my mission, but these are the proper Manchester Africans and I love them. We had a very quick change of plans today. The zone leaders decided to plan a last second zone activity to old trafford. I personally would have preferred writing letters (what I mostly do on P-days. That and taking long showers) but Elder Matute has been dying to get to old trafford (the place where Manchester United plays) and we are playing soccer which is his favorite thing to do (he almost played professionally in Honduras). So now we are are going to do that. It should be fun.

Overall life is good. Not long left...exciting and very sad at the same time. I hope everyone has a good week.

Love

Elder Misbach                



 April 13, 2012

Alrighty! I'm back!

So It's weird to be updating you about last week since this week is almost over, but last week was good. It was very busy. On Saturday we had to go from one meeting in the morning in South Manchester straight to another meeting in the afternoon back in our area (east Manchester). That was quite the experience. We also had a leadership training meeting on Tuesday, which was quite good. On my birthday Elder Matute was sick, so we stayed in. That meant that I got to clean the flat on my birthday!! =D So now the flat is so much cleaner and it is actually quite nice. I also attempted to make some frosting with some powdered sugar that I found, but I drowned it in milk and it didn't work out. I'd say the big things I did for my birthday (besides clean the flat) were, making myself some hamburgers, and Elder Matute surprising me with some chicken lasagna (which was quite good). Other than that I just studied and listened to my new music (which I like a lot). This week I had my final interview with President Preston until I leave the mission, which is quite weird to think. That was good. I also went on exchange with the office elders who are in my district and we moved furniture and rubbish out of an old missionary flat. That was very interesting. The Church is so organized. But other than that, there isn't much to report. Life is good and the flat is clean, so I'm happy. I hope that everyone is having a good week and I'll speak to you in a few days!

love,

Elder Misbach





April 10, 2012


Hello Family,

I'm really sorry, but because of a "Bank Holiday" I may not have time to properly email everyone. I might be able to, but if so, it wont be until much later this week. At any rate. Thank you very much for the emails and birthday wishes! I will speak to you soon! (hopefully I'll be able to email Thursday)

love,

Elder Misbach

No comments:

Post a Comment