Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April 2, 2012

Hello Family!

Thank you very much for the birthday wishes! I keep forgetting that it is my birthday this week. I have loads of meetings right now for some reason. I love meetings though, so I'm not complaining. I'm so busy though, that my birthday rarely registers, ha. I wont be doing anything for my 21st. I tried to do something last year and that not only failed, but ended up with me eating some very unhealthy products. I can't afford to make that same mistake again, so close to my return. I have to get back into shape! Things are slow in Hyde right now. We haven't seen much success at all so far. But we are working hard and working on improving, which is great. Elder Matute, because he is so young in the mission, has helped me to focus on changing and becoming better again. General Conference was absolutely excellent. I loved it all! It was the perfect conference to end my mission with. I came with two questions in mind and they were both answered almost instantly. So many good talks. So good! We also had Zone Conference this last week and the big event for this one was a scripture chase. We were tested on 131 scriptures. We did the same thing (with 6 less scriptures) about a year and a half ago and I actually did really well. I made it to the semi-final round last time. I was determined to make it to the final this time though...and I did =) I didn't win, but I'm quite pleased with my performance. That was a lot of fun. One other interesting thing I haven't mentioned yet is that Elder Matute talks in his sleep. I have had other companions that do that but it's unique with Elder Matute because it's in Spanish. I'm hoping that it will subliminally teach me how to speak Spanish. We will see. Other than that, things are good and life is wonderful.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes and I hope everything is going well!

Elder Misbach






March 25, 2012

Hello Family,

Things are much better in Hyde. We got the hot water sorted and have got ourselves in order. The baptism on Saturday went really well. It took us 4 hours to sort out the font, but we made it in the end. Our mission president was the one that actually did the baptism and there were loads of missionaries that had been involved in her teaching process, so we had a big missionary force there. Hyde seems to be a pretty fruitful area and I'm excited to really get going. We have got the flat to about 50% of what I would want it to be, but we are getting there. I have also begun my last attempt at trying to get back into shape before I head home. We will see how it goes. My companion is very fit so I'm hoping that will help (he played professional football/soccer in Honduras). Overall, things are good. Oh, and the weather has been amazing. It is been bright, sunny, warm, with nice cool breezes. It's lovely right now. That would be nice if it held out for another two and half months, haha.

Well I hope that everyone is doing well back home. Talk to you soon!

love,

Elder Misbach

No comments:

Post a Comment