Wednesday, August 4, 2010

July 26, 2010

Hello,

England is getting progressively better. I'm getting more involved in the work and that is very good. My scrape is all better now. I have been thinking about Kellie lately because we are biking a ton lately and since you guys are at the beach. We don't have a clip, we just tuck our pants into our socks, haha. It's looks awesome, especially when we forget to take them back out once we are at an investigators house. Golf was way fun, it was only a par 3 course, but I just love golf. I read about Papa Mike's hole in one, very cool.

I'm glad the beach is going well, I heard about the drive there and it didn't seem to great. I hope the drive back goes better. I actually miss the beach and I'm really looking forward to going when I get back.

Things have been pretty good over here. I had my first Zone Conference and it was interesting. I just missed the best Zone Conference they have ever had and there was a lot of reminiscing, haha, that wasn't that great. But it was good to see a lot more missionaries. I also found out that we wont be having zone conferences and meetings with the president ever transfer anymore, just 4 times a year, which I wasn't very pleased with. But it was good. I also went on my first real exchange with Elder Green. I was the "senior missionary" and it actually went really well, we had a lot of success. I was just so tired at the end of the day. We also found the new flat we will be moving to because we are being evicted. You should look at google earth with dad. This flat is in a MUCH nicer area and I'm very excited. The only other story worth telling is one that happened yesterday. It's the funniest experience I have had yet. We were teaching a woman from India the first lesson and at the end we invited her to pray in Malayan. So she did. And she just took off. It was like she was racing someone else to finish the prayer. Just this long, continuous, monotone chain of rambling. Elder Kersey and I were trying very hard to hold back the laughter. Then she, all of the sudden, slows down and in the creepy deep voice says "Jesus" but she paused just long enough for Elder Kersey to think that she was done so he said "amen" but then she just went right back into the race. At that point we were both shaking we were trying so hard not to laugh. She would periodically slow down and in that same creepy, deep voice say "alleluia" then start quick-praying again until the very end when she again did the slow down thing for "Jesus Christ...amen." It was the best! We did a good job of covering our laughing, I don't think they knew. I feel bad for laughing because of they way she prayed, but it was just so enjoyable.

Anyway, that's it really. I also gave a talk in sacrament which went well. But things are going better. I'll try to take some pictures to send.

I love you very much, and tell everyone else (including poochie) I love them too and miss them. Wish I could be there, and I hope the beach is awesome. Love you!

PS: If anyone feels so inclined to email me, I probably wouldn't have enough time to give them much of a response, but they can email me. They are included in "family." Basically 1st cousins is were the line is drawn. Love You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment