Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 18, 2010 & August 24, 2010









Hi mom!
Sorry it has taken me so long. This week was transfers week so we don't have a p-day until Wednesday. That happens every 6 weeks except for the one 5 week transfer.
I have a new companion!!! Elder Holman! He is from Pleasant Grove Utah and he actually knows Madi (the girl that I would hang out with when I hung out with Heather and Annie). I am so stoked!! He is so much more relaxed than Elder Kersey. I appreciate Elder Kersey and all that he has done for me, but I am so glad to finally work with a missionary that enjoys the work and helps his companion enjoy it as well. It was somewhat sad to say bye to Elder Kersey, especially since he got called to be a zone leader in Liverpool, which is in the north of the mission, so I won't see him for a very long time, but I am just so stoked to work with Elder Holman. He actually just moved one area over. He was already in this district, I have seen him a ton, and we have even been on an exchange. He is way cool. This was the biggest transfer in the history of the mission. In these last two transfers 33% of the mission is new. It is pretty exciting, but pretty crazy as well. I'm really looking forward to this next transfer.
I'm going to try to send at least the picture that I just barely took of Elder Holman and I, but it made the computer freak out last time I tried, so we will see. I took a lot more pictures. I had an exchange with Elder Peterson this last week which was amazing. He is going home this transfer unfortunately and we just barely helped him leave. It is pretty discouraging to see missionaries leave and think "that wont be me for a LONG time" but with Elder Holman it's easy to get excited about the work again.
We haven't received mail for weeks now so I actually don't know what it is that you sent me, and I'm angry too. I want to have it! I'm going to have to spend a whole p-day just writing people back because of the back-up of letters I will have (hopefully).
I also had training camp yesterday, which was way cool. It was only the missionaries in my mtc group for a follow-up training with the assistants and president. It was way good to see everyone again and everyone is doing amazing. This is definitely a good mission filled with some amazing missionaries.
We are moving flats next week and I am pretty excited. There is a lot of change going on and I really feel like it is a good thing. This flat is just not in good condition, I might take some pictures before we go, but you can tell that missionaries have lived here for quite some time. Every time I go to another missionary's flat I think "wow, this is nice!" But that is probably just because of the condition of the flat I am in right now. Our new flat is supposed to be really nice though, I'm pumped.
Thank you very much for doing my blog. And my wrist is doing well. I wear my bone stimulator every night I am at the flat. Same with the vitamins. Things are definitely going well and I'm excited to send some success stories.
I love you very much! Thank you for everything! Talk to you again on Monday!
Elder Misbach







Hey mom!
Sorry I was a day late today, we came in yesterday and had just enough time to read our emails when the power shut off, so we weren't able to do it yesterday. I will be emailing a day late next week too because it is a bank holiday on Monday next week.
Things are going well. I really enjoy serving with Elder Holman. It seems more like I'm serving with a really good friend of mine now. We were supposed to move into our new place tomorrow morning, but we just got a call and the moving van broke down. So now it will probably be later in the week. But the new place is supposed to be very nice. I really looking forward to it. Elder Holman knows Madi because they went to the same school. We are actually in the same graduating class, his birthday is just at the beginning of the school year (9 days from now actually). Things really are going well. We get along very well and we serve well together. Our area has nothing going for it right now, but we are confident that we will see miracles soon. Elder Holman's bike is broken and we have had to take a lot of time to clean the flat, so that is why things haven't been picking up. But after we are all settled in our new flat, the area will pick up, I know it will.
I still have yet to receive my mail because the zone leaders forgot it, hopefully I'll be able to get it this Saturday though. If not, I will have to wait for 2 weeks. I'm rather irritated that I don't have it, especially because Elder Holman is receiving a ton of mail because it's his birthday soon. But it's ok, I'm looking forward to when I get it.
Anyway, things are going well. Our companionship isn't has diligent as my last one was, and it sometimes gives me a guilty feeling. But as soon as we move and get Elder Holman's bike back we will be fine. We have a brand new missionary in our district named Elder Huges from Oklahoma. He is very cool and I look forward to our exchange together.
I love you very much. Tell everyone else I love them very much too. Thank for the emails and I hope I get my mail soon. Miss you! Love you!

This is of my new companion elder Holman, I took it while we were here at the library, that is why it is so unfortunate looking. The chapel at the top is the "Lawley Chapel" only three chapels of that design in existence-very nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment