Wednesday, August 4, 2010

July 19, 2010

Hello

This week was a very interesting week. I had my first district meeting this week and on the way there totally fell on my bike and tore a big whole in the knee of my suit pants (hooray for missionary mall!! *sarcasm*). I also got a pretty bad scrape on my hand, but it is doing better. It wasn't bad, just irritating.

My companion makes some pretty great food. I don't ask him to cook, but it is really good.

He does eat with his mouth open which bugs me like no one's business and is not a tidy person. But I endure it. He really is a great elder, he is exactly obedient and corrects me when I do something wrong. I couldn't have asked for a better trainer.

I know that I haven't had the highest opinion of the beach in the past. But I'm definitely looking forward to it when I get back. I wish I could be there this year. And I definitely want to be with you guys for Disneyland. But that sounds way fun and I'm glad the vacation is soon.

We met five new investigators this week, which was great. Kaz is a man that talks incessantly and is obsessed with the second coming and Satan. His mom is Muslim and just stands there and yells at us while we teach him, haha. It's awesome. Jayson is an elderly, former investigator, that was very very enthusiastic about the message. He gave us his word he would show up at a certain time, and then wasn't there. I don't know about him. Michael is from Poland and speaks very little English but understands it well. He was giving all the right answers (with hand gestures and stuff) and I feel really good about him. Leanne is totally solid. She is from a part member family and wants to get baptized because her grandmother was very strong in the church and just recently passed away. The last person is Krissy, who I found yesterday. Her lesson was the most I have felt the spirit so far in the field. She shared that she had just lost a nephew and a really close friend. I testified about Jesus Christ and how He knows her pains and has felt them Himself so that she doesn't have to. I feel good about teaching her.

Other than that, things have been going pretty well. I went on splits with the assistants yesterday and it was cool. They are really good missionaries. It is raining way more, but once you are already drenched, it's kind of fun to preach the gospel in the rain. I have had a lot of good conversations with some really good people. I appreciate those people, because, if it wasn't for them, i would lose a lot of hope in humanity. I'm going golfing today!! A member is taking us and I'm stoked. Oh, and I finally received some letters from friends back home. Good stuff.

Anyway, I love you all very much and was way glad to get the emails. I hope the beach is awesome and goes very well. Miss you! Love you!


- Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment